CREDIT UNION Synergy
With a membership of 27,000, who are served by a staff of 285 from 11 communities in our region, with assets now exceeding 1 billion, we are constantly growing and changing to meet our membership needs. Together we will!
Chief Financial Officer
This position reports directly to the CEO. As a key member of the Executive Management Team, you will assume a strategic role in the overall leadership and management of the organization. You will position the Credit Union strategically with respect to all financial matters including investments, financial statements, budgeting forecasting, treasury and tax compliance. In addition you will oversee our professional finance, accounting and information technology teams. Some specific duties include:
- Manage the accounting, financial reporting and information technology services of the credit union.
- Oversee the preparation of financial statements and reports, then analyze and interpret the results while identifying any areas of financial concern for the credit union.
- Ensure compliance with the Credit Union Deposit Guarantee Corporations sound business practices, Credit Union Act and regulations, by-laws, policies and procedures.
- Lead in the development of annual operating and capital budgets and the financial forecast for the credit union. Monitor performance in relation to budget, analyze variances and take corrective action.
- Manage and monitor the investment portfolio and interest rates, margin, liquidity and non-interest revenue sources.
- Anticipate and prepare for competition. Relate emerging market trends to the credit unions strategic plans.
- Work with senior executive management on the corporate strategic vision; assisting in developing the financial plan required to achieve the organizations growth plans.
Preferably, you have either attained or are working towards a CMA, CA, CGA or CFA that complements your Bachelor of Commerce in Finance, or Economics. (Equivalencies will be considered) In addition you have 7 + years related job experience. You have a solid knowledge and understanding of the legislative requirements associated with the Credit Union system. In addition to your strong leadership, analytical and decision making skills, your verbal and written communications are excellent, and are supplemented by a working knowledge of various computer software programs.
Lloydminster is a regional service centre uniquely situated on the Saskatchewan / Alberta border along the Highway 16 Yellow head Trail between Edmonton and Saskatoon, with excellent amenities and a strong community atmosphere. For information on the City of Lloydminster, visit www.lloydminstertourism.ca or www.movetolloydminster.com
We offer a competitive salary and variable pay program; a superior employee benefit program and a staff loan program. Relocation assistance may be available. Qualified applicants are invited to submit their resume by January 31st, in confidence to:
Head Office, Box 798, Lloydminster, SK S9V 1C1
Attention: Bob St. Germain Manager of Human Resources
Fax: (306) 825-8876 or e-mail: email@example.com
We thank all applicants in advance. Only those under consideration will be contacted. Interviews by appointment only.
This ad has a Digital Display thumbnail image